Join the Team
Junior Office Manager
Can you keep our plants growing and the team organised?
Are you a super-organised, systems person, who loves people? Do you want to work in a team working way too hard making the world a better place?
If so, please read on: We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and effective Junior Office Manager based in Somerset House in London for 4-5 days per week.
About the Role
The main responsibilities will be:
● Office & Systems
● Team support and HR
● Supplier Management
● Some Marketing and Events planning
You will be based at our offices in Somerset House, London WC2 – an informal and lively hub of activity – and some travel may be required.
You love making sure everything works and runs smoothly, and tend to think a few steps ahead of others. You relish the challenge of last-minute changes or alterations that come from a fast-paced business. You understand the importance of a keen eye for detail and enjoy being responsible for first class delivery across your areas of control. Very little if anything fazes you, in fact you flourish on being able to make a real difference. You know how to keep our many green plants alive, and will remember which biscuits are the favourites of which of our many visitors.
We want to meet you if you:
● Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
● Bright, articulate, and interested in how business can be a force for good
● Enjoy being the backbone of a small team which has a big voice in the world
● An exceptional communicator, in various mediums, and at various levels; you will be dealing with a wide range of people at all levels on the phone, face to face and in writing
● Able to think ahead, around corners, someone who is just “with it”
● Someone with buckets of initiative and a ‘can do/will do’ approach
● Able to deliver – quickly – in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be comfortable with small team dynamics
● Comfortable with multi-tasking, and then prioritising – almost on an hourly basis – to hit deadlines (sometimes very ambitious deadlines)
● Interested in language, both written and spoken. It is central to what Volans does
● Strong attention to detail, and good observation skills
● Highly proficient with Google Mail, Calendar, Drive and Documents, as well as Microsoft Office, Apple products
● A good sense of humour. We are a fast-moving, high-functioning team on an exciting and challenging journey together; creating the right energy and culture is key to our continued success
● Must be dog-friendly as our office dog ‘Flossie’ is a regular visitor
● Must be green-fingered – our signature plants need someone to love and care for them
Start: As soon as possible
Salary and Benefits
● £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience plus Bonus
● 22 days’ holiday per annum plus recognised UK bank/public holidays. Increases to 27 days after 2 years of consecutive service
● Generous company pension
● Private Healthcare provided
How to apply
● Send your CV, with a short cover email outlining relevant experience, to Louise Roper, our executive director: email@example.com
● You must be able to work in the UK; we are unable to facilitate visas.
Volans helps leaders make sense of the emergent future. We work to global companies think differently and embrace new ways of creating value in a fast-changing world. Founded by John Elkington, the “godfather” of sustainability, we are a small core team with a big voice and even bigger ambition for change. We work with an extensive network of associates and partners across business, government, academia and the financial world to catalyse the right conversations and actions for the future of the planet and a better society.