Amanda Feldman is a Director at Volans, designing social innovation strategy & partnerships with global corporates, government leaders, investors and entrepreneurs. While leading on business development & project delivery at Volans, she actively contributes to our research initiatives – including The Zeronauts, The Future Quotient & most recently, Breakthrough: Business Leaders, Market Revolutions.
Amanda brings grassroots experience in social enterprise, public health policy and corporate social innovation to Volans. She founded Peer Partners, a youth volunteer group that launches global service projects around health, poverty and education. Her projects have brought her from the steps of the White House to classrooms and conferences across Europe, Africa and East Asia, collaborating internationally on public health and education policy. Amanda’s passion for youth advocacy led to prior service on the New Jersey Governor’s Council on Volunteerism and Community Service and the American Red Cross Atlantic/Cumberland Chapter Board of Directors, as well as recognition by the American Lung Association and US Congress, among others, for her efforts. Before joining Volans, she focussed on impact evaluation for social enterprise, and launched Tata Steel Global Wires’ first social enterprise to manufacture low-cost spectacles from steel wire in Mumbai.
She holds a B.A. in English and Spanish literature from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master in Public Administration (MPA), focusing on Public Policy and Management, from the London School of Economics.
She regularly speaks and writes globally on intergenerational leadership, impact evaluation & social investment. Recent appearances include:
- Emirates Foundation Philanthropy Summit - Moderator: Opening Plenary & Challenge Session Leader – Abu Dhabi – November 2013. Featured in this wrap-up video.
- Business for Environment (B4E) Summit – Moderator: Opening Plenary - London – May 2013.
- LSE SHIFT Forum – Presenting How Social Enterprise Can Go ‘Glocal’ – London – March 2013
- UK-Japan Innovation Journey – Presenting Introduction to Social Innovation in the UK – London – December 2012.
- Good Deals – Chair – How Corporates Venture Towards Breakthrough: Starting a Market Revolution from the Inside-Out - London – November 2012.
- Bridging the Gap: Investing in Small Enterprise in Asia - Chair – Asia House – London – November 2012. Listen here.
- Bristol Social Enterprise Conference – Case Study Presentation – Bristol University – November 2012.
- Social Innovation Forum - Keynote – Tokyo – Nippon Foundation – July 2012. See video here.
- Social Innovation in Asia - Moderator – Asia House – London – April 2012
- Oxford Jam - Session Leader – In Good Company & Building the Future Quo – Oxford – March 2012. See video here.
- 9th Annual Doing Good and Doing Well (DGDW) Conference – Panel – Achieving Sustainability in Business and Society – Barcelona – February 2012
- LSE Ethical Careers – London School of Economics – 2012 & 2013
- Tata Social Enterprise Conference – London – December 2011
- Hub Westminster Changemakers Fayre - London – October 2011
And recent publications:
- Generation £$€. Pioneers Post. Amanda Feldman – July 2013.
- Noise Factory. Pioneers Post. Amanda Feldman – April 2013.
- Taar Sansar - Tata Steel Global Wires. Connecting the Dots. Amanda Feldman – September 2012.
- HIP Investor / Sustainable Brands: New Metrics of Sustainable Development. In Pursuit of Zero. John Elkington & Amanda Feldman – September 2012
- VER Portal. O Negócio da Inovação Social. John Elkington & Amanda Feldman – March 2012
- The Guardian Sustainable Business Blog. Rioters or Deviant Entrepreneurs? Charmian Love & Amanda Feldman – August 2011