Amanda Feldman is Director, Impact & Innovation, at Volans, leading projects that shape social innovation and investment strategy with global businesses, investors and entrepreneurs. Amanda brings grassroots experience in social enterprise and public health policy to Volans. She founded Peer Partners, a youth-led volunteer group that launches global service projects around health, poverty and education. Her projects have brought her from the White House to classrooms and conferences across Europe, Africa and East Asia, collaborating internationally on public health and education policy.
Amanda’s experience in youth advocacy led to prior service on the New Jersey Governor’s Council on Volunteerism and Community Service and the American Red Cross Atlantic/Cumberland Chapter Board of Directors, as well as recognition by the American Lung Association and US Congress, among others, for her efforts. Recent work before joining Volans focused on impact evaluation, and consulting on corporate citizenship strategy for Tata Steel Global Wires in Mumbai, India, launching their first social enterprise to manufacture low-cost spectacles from steel wire.
She holds a B.A. in English and Spanish literature from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master in Public Administration (MPA), focusing on Public Policy and Management, from the London School of Economics.
- TEDxLSE – World’s Architects – From Breakdown to Breakthrough. Watch here.
- National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) Corporate Venture Summit – Plenary Speaker – Huntington Beach, CA – November 2014.
- Emerge – Speaker – Corporate Venturing – Oxford – October 2014.
- Global Impact Forum – Moderator & Closing Plenary Speaker – How Corporates are Investing in Impact – Zurich – October 2014. Video here.
- SOCAP – Moderator & Speaker – Investing in Breakthrough: Corporate Venture Capital – San Francisco – September 2014.
- NESTA – Speaker – Making it Big: Strategies for scaling social innovation – London – July 2014. Browse the Twitter highlights here.
- Nexus European Youth Summit – Speaker – Intrapreneurship: Driving Change from Within – London – May 2014.
- Global Corporate Venturing Symposium – Moderator & Speaker – Impact Investing, Corporate Venturing and Corporate Venture Capital – London – May 2014.
- Sankalp Unconvention Summit – Led Pitch Perfect, a reverse pitch of corporates to entrepreneurs, and spoke at closing plenary – Mumbai – May 2014. Watch video here.
- FUTURES Social Innovation Forum – Keynote & Scenario Exercise – Colombo, Sri Lanka – March 2014. See article in FT, summary of outputs here and video of takeaways here.
- Sankalp Africa – Closing Plenary – Nairobi – February 2014.
- Emirates Foundation Philanthropy Summit – Moderator, Opening Plenary & Speaker, Breakthrough Challenge Session – Abu Dhabi – November 2013. Highlights video here.
- Business for the Environment (B4E) Climate Summit – Moderator, Opening Plenary – London – May 2013.
- Oxford Jam – Speaker – In Good Company, an interactive session mapping partnerships between investors, entrepreneurs and business with Idiagram – Oxford – April 2013.
- LSE SHIFT Forum – Speaker – London – March 2013.
- Careers With A Conscience – Speaker – London School of Economics – London – 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- UK-Japan Innovation Journey – Presenting Introduction to Social Innovation in the UK – London – December 2012.
- Good Deals – Chair – How Corporates Venture Towards Breakthrough: Starting a Market Revolution from the Inside-Out – London – November 2012.
- Bridging the Gap: Investing in Small Enterprise in Asia – Chair – Asia House – London – November 2012. Listen here.
- Bristol Social Enterprise Conference – Case Study Presentation – Bristol University – November 2012.
- Social Innovation Forum - Keynote – Tokyo – Nippon Foundation – July 2012. See video here.
- Social Innovation in Asia - Moderator – Asia House – London – April 2012
- Oxford Jam - Session Leader – In Good Company & Building the Future Quo – Oxford – March 2012. See video here.
- 9th Annual Doing Good and Doing Well (DGDW) Conference – Panel – Achieving Sustainability in Business and Society – Barcelona – February 2012
- Tata Social Enterprise Conference – Speaker – London – December 2011 & 2013
- Stanford Social Innovation Review – Corporate Venture Capital: A New Accelerant for Impact. Amanda Feldman & Charmian Love – October 2014.
- Pioneers Post – Corporates Venture into Impact Investment. Amanda Feldman & Charmian Love – June 2014.
- Guardian – Building Social Capital into Capitalism. Amanda Feldman – Feburary 2014.
- Pioneers Post - Why a certification that Ben & Jerry’s and 900 businesses share could disrupt capitalism. Amanda Feldman & Charmian Love – January 2014.
- Pioneers Post – Generation £$€. Amanda Feldman – July 2013.
- Pioneers Post – The Noise Factory. Amanda Feldman – April 2013.
- Pioneers Post - Our Bright Future. Amanda Feldman – March 2013.
- Taar Sansar – Tata Steel Global Wires. Connecting the Dots. Amanda Feldman – September 2012.
- HIP Investor / Sustainable Brands: New Metrics of Sustainable Development. In Pursuit of Zero. John Elkington & Amanda Feldman – September 2012
- VER Portal. O Negócio da Inovação Social. John Elkington & Amanda Feldman – March 2012
- The Guardian Sustainable Business Blog. Rioters or Deviant Entrepreneurs? Charmian Love & Amanda Feldman – August 2011